Friday, July 2, 2010

Special July 4th Desserts

On the July calendar for tomorrow I suggested making a special dessert so I thought I would give you a few ideas today so you can hit the grocery store on the way home.



First up is Family Fun Magazine with the Uncle Sam Ice Cream. This is adorable and only requires 6 ingredients! Not only does it look yummy but could be quite creative as well.



Next up are some very cute cookies from The Decorated Cookie. I like the mini versions, no need to give the kids gigantic cookies! It would be very cute to set up the cookies in the shape of a full flag.



Another project from The Decorated Cookie involves using special markers to write on food. I have these markers (I purchased them at Michael's) and I have to admit, they are a lot of fun. You can write on food with them or draw pictures. I think it would be cute if some of the cookies just said "BOOM" on them.



Last but not least is this Patriotic Trifle from Taste of Home. It looks beautiful and delicious.

I hope this will at least give you a starting point to get in the kitchen and have some fun with your kids. As always, we wish you the best! Have a safe and fun Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment