Friday, October 22, 2010

Math with the Letter R


I decided that we needed more math skills in our home so as a way to continue the letter R lesson, I made us a Rabbit game.

Supplies:
Die
Construction Paper
Glue
Laminator (optional)

I cut out a large circle for the rabbits head and then I cut out pieces for the eyes, nose, mouth and ears. When I made the ears, I glued pink inside the white ears. I have regular dice in our home but they are a little small for my three year old. I decided to make a die that was a little bigger for him. We have some cube manipulatives that I purchased in the Target Dollar Spot so I used one of the cubes and a black marker to make the dots on the sides.



The last thing I made for the game was a sheet showing the die values next to the rabbit part that you get to put on for the game.



Now to play the game. Lay the rabbit's head on the table and Then child rolls the die. The child then counts the number that came up on the die and finds the same number on the sheet and then puts on the corresponding face part.

My son loved this game and we have played it numerous times. I am even going to make some more games up with different faces.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I work at a public library and have been using math with storytimes. I am so using this next month for my Math Explorers! storytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachee - So glad you can use this at the library. We did another one this week-end with a Jack O Lantern and I will be posting it soon. This is just an idea and can be used so many different ways. Thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete