Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Invited to Blog



Ok…so my boss has invited staff to join a “blog squad”.  Really?  My only experience with a “squad” was in high school band and later watching the “Mod Squad”on TV…and that was a long time ago!  So needless to say, my immediate response was not to accept his invitation and go about my normal duties, which technically includes lots of writing…on grants, proposals, brochures, annual reports, and special projects. I love doing that!  Hmmmm  

Then I started thinking about how much I like to talk, so maybe blogging would be like talking, only on paper!  Now that was intriguing to me and I started to think about it a little more. I know I can do the writing. No problem! 

Then the fear set in: 
·         Would anyone read my blog?
·         Would anyone like what I have to say?
·         How would I feel about negative comments?
·         Can I come up with idea, after idea, after idea? 
·         Would the pressure of writing a blog on a regular basis cause me to explode? 
·         Lose sleep at night?
·         Overeat?  

SNAP OUT OF IT, GIRL! AND GET A GRIP! 
You are smart, you are educated, have lots and lots of life experience… and you sure have a lot of opinions.

Thank goodness I came to my senses! So when the second invitation came I was ready.  I said I would do it and, yes, I would sit in on the first “Blog Squad” conference call.   All the staff that joined was excited, enthusiastic and full of ideas.  And my boss was so encouraging. Hey, it’s a lot of fun to be on a team with creative people.  And I have an idea of what I am going to write about……………..or maybe I will change my mind and write about something else!  Who knows?  Let’s just wait and see how this blog thing works out.

BA @ Kids Matter

No comments:

Post a Comment