Friday, December 13, 2013

Finding Christmas Spirit

Finding Christmas Spirit
Belinda @ Kids Matter
Oh, Christmas spirit… where art thou?? I seek you in the dark, in the light, through the ark, and with all my might. I cannot find you near or far, here or there, or anywhere. I beckon. I summons. I plead on my knees. Oh, the need to feel the reason for the season. How I long for the enthusiasm of thee. Each year races by quicker as age sets in. Frailty overtakes me. January to November passes with the brevity of a summer storm. Year after year, time grows shorter. I reach out, too slow, Christmas cheer sped right by. I lunge forward, too fast, Christmas emotions linger slowly. I stood, not with grace, but lifelessness on my face. Hopelessness doth quickly gait. In the distance… carried on the winds of bliss, drifting note by note into a joyful melody, came the sound of a Christmas bell. The heavenly tune inspired a growing light within. The light originated as an ember and grew hastily into a blazing flame thrusting Christmas cheer throughout mind, body, and soul. Hooray… it’s Christmas!  Laughter erupted from deep within; tears of joy streamed mercilessly over my cheeks. Dancing and singing burst forth with glee. Oh, Christmas spirit, there you are… in joy and in light, for good will and all right. You hug me tenderly and inspire me tremendously. You are ever so gentle, but ever so fierce, as you enter like a lamb, and exit like a lion. You are ever present but often hidden by our own hearts, through the reality of life the other eleven months. We seek you so hard, yet you come in as an ember, a melodious note, a tender hug, the smell of cinnamon, a special ornament, a favorite cartoon, or a handwritten card. We are the seekers but you are the finder. Oh Christmas spirit, Oh… Christmas spirit, what a wonder you are.
Often, we seek so hard for inspiration that it goes unnoticed as it glares us in the face. Our hearts are so blinded by the day to day realities of life that we don’t see those blessings or evidence right in front of us. We must force ourselves to push the pause button. STOP… breathe… listen… look… and smell the sensations around you. It only takes one small ember to build a giant bonfire within your soul. Here are some inspiring quotes to fan the embers of Christmas spirit. Enjoy!
Dale Evans: “Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas.”
Alexander Smith: “Christmas is the day that holds all time together.”
Ruth Carter Stapleton: “Christmas is most truly Christmas when we celebrate it by giving the light of love to those who need it most.”
Norman Vincent Peale: "Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold; everything is softer and more beautiful."
Edna Ferber: "Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling."
Dr. Seuss: And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store? What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more?”
Marjorie Holmes: “At Christmas… all roads lead home.”

No comments:

Post a Comment