Thursday, July 24, 2014

Meet the Child Care Council Staff


Introducing Angela S.

Robin @ Kids Matter

Angela is originally from Huntington, West Virginia.  Her sister, who lives in Lexington, invited Angela to come to Kentucky for a life change.  She came, liked it, and stayed.  And, we are glad she did! Angela’s background, before coming to the CCC, was working in human resources.  She loved to interview, train, and teach employees.  A lot of her background in West Virginia was in the education field.  She said, “I love talking to people and interacting.  I am a nurturer.  I get that from my mom.  She taught me to love to make people feel better and to diffuse problems. “Angela came to the CCC five years ago, and has worked in several departments, including the call center where she now works.  She said she really looks forward to the program opening to new clients again, because the program does so much good for families!

The most influential person to Angela, as she was growing up, was her mother.  She said, “Mom was the most generous, loving, caring person I know.  She was a stay at home mom, who didn’t work until all her children were in high school.  She was always accessible.  When I lost my dad and brother, Mom was very strong through it all.  She’s my heart.”

As a teen, Angela was kind of a loner.  She was very family oriented and loved to spend her free time reading, which is still one of her favorite hobbies.  (Along with her two puppies: Sugar, a Chihuahua/Terrier mix, and Princess, a 6 week old Lab.)  Angela said, “I’m in a circle, and they are the world circled around me.  We learned to be each other’s best friends.  I think if more people would do this; the world would be a better place.  It’s important to know that no matter what, your family will always be in your corner.”  To her, family means faithfulness, love, generosity, and wholeness.

Angela has been married to Wesley for eight years.  She said that he’s her rock and her safe place when the world gets too hard.  They have seven children, and seven grandchildren.  It looks like seven is their lucky number!  The person Angela said she admires the most, is her daughter, Chant’e.  Chant’e was paralyzed from the waist down in a car accident a few years ago.  Doctors had expected her to be paralyzed from the neck down, but Chant’e is a fighter and worked very hard in her recovery.  She now has her own apartment and continues to work hard and thrive.  What an inspiration! When I asked Angela about the most beautiful thing she’d ever seen, her reply was, “… my daughter opening her eyes when they rolled her into ICU after the accident.  A tear fell down her cheek when I told her she would be ok.  The Lord was with her.” 

Her greatest influence on her children, “… they say that I am God fearing, very strong, kind, generous to a fault, and very loving.  I hope that I’ve shown them that they can be too!”  Raising her children to be the successful, respectful parents and contributors to society that they are, is her greatest accomplishment.  Angela said, “… they are awesome people, and I’m not saying that just because they are mine.  I’ve done a good job with the help of the Lord.”
Her parting advice to us all, “… always be kind, generous, and loving.  It does pay!”

No comments:

Post a Comment